Thursday, January 5, 2012

25 Things I Love About You

Today is my husband's and my 4th wedding anniversary. Every once and a while, those we love need to hear a few of the reasons behind our love. (This idea was totally stolen from the Mom.)

1. Your smile that brightens even the gloomiest days.
2. The amazing father you are to our children.
3. The way you love to wrestle with Peanut
4. How often you tell Miss Belle she is beautiful
5. How easily you cry when we talk about our kids growing up
6. Your ability to turn a broken flat screen TV into 30 bucks...even though I didn't believe in you
7. How you have taken me out of my comfort zone and made me a more outgoing and charitable person.
8. Your ability to talk to anyone, anywhere
9. How often you tell me I'm pretty
10. Your love for everything "manly" (i.e hunting, shooting, guns etc.)
11. Your spiritual leadership of this family
12. How you know something about almost anything I bring up
13. Your unconditional and constant support for me in my work as a doula
14. Your love for learning, even if it means stopping at those stupid landmark signs on the side of the road.
15. How when I'm frustrated and unkind you know that what I really need is a great big hug
16. How willingly you tell people that you cried like a baby when I made you watch The Notebook
17. How wonderful of a support you were at the births of each of our children
18. Your passion and willingness to fight for the unborn, always in love and charity
19. How you try and sneak up on me to scare me when you come home from work
20. How much you LOVE LOVE LOVE babies. Everyone tells me you are the most baby crazy man they know.
21. How open you are to new life in our marriage. A hard to find trait in today's society.
22. How you still find me as attractive as you did when we were dating, although I know much has changed (stretch marks anyone?)
23. Your strong and undeniable desire to marry me
24. How you donated plasma so you could pay for my engagement ring (aka, my blood diamond)
25. How you looked at me as I came down the isle to start our lives together four years ago today.

Happy anniversary sweetheart. I look forward to these new and exciting times in our lives and to growing old with you in years to come. You are my heart and my path to heaven. I love you.

P.S. Did you notice that, "bugging me intentionally till I loose it" did not make the list? Oh well, maybe next year.

1 comment: