Friday, December 10, 2010

Things I'm Thankful For This Holiday Season

1. Parents on both sides of our family who are willing to fly in at the drop of a hat anytime we need them. The military is lonely at times, especially when you need help and have no family around. I'm so thankful our family has always been here in our times of need. I'm particularly thankful that my mother-in-law flew in to help over this time of sickness in our lives.

2. Watching my Peanut use such good manners and be so loving. He says "Tu-Tu Me" (excuse me) every time he  burps, sneezes or needs to get by someone. He also hands his sister toys and says, "yeargo Baa" (Here you go Belle).

3. The end of my husbands school semester. The fact that he only has one left.

4. The means to travel to see family over the holiday season.

5. My Catholic faith during the season of Advent. I marvel in the richness of this season and the readings at mass. I would feel so empty if this season was nothing more than buying gifts and sending cards.

6. My sisters, who I am missing very much during these holidays.

7. My husband who works so hard for this family and my children who are healthy and growing every day.

8. Watching Peanut learn the story of Christmas and become obsessed with Mary, St. Joseph and particularly the baby Jesus. He always wants to hold him and kiss him, even if it's just in his story books.

What are you thankful for this advent season?

2 comments:

  1. I'm thankful I get to see you soon! I love you Drea! I'm also grateful to be able to see Peanut and Belle!

    ReplyDelete